The toilet is one of the most important items in your home. When shopping for a toilet, don’t think always that a high price tag guarantee top performance. A good toilet conserves water and generates enough power to clean the bowl in a single flush. A 1995 U.S. Department of Energy standard limits new toilets to 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf). But 18 years later, most of these toilets actually work. Manufacturers have made significant design improvements such as larger trap ways to prevent clogging and larger flush valves that allow a more powerful rush of water to enter the bowl.
Your contractor can give you a special offer less than $70. Don’t expect a powerful flush from a cheap toilet. Everything from the working parts to the quality of the glazing will likely be low quality. You will use that toilet every day for years, so get a good one. Since you’re probably going to live with your toilet for 15 years or more, it’s worth doing 5 minutes of research before you buy. High-efficiency toilets (HET) that use 1.28 gallons or less earn the EPA’s WaterSense label. These can save 4,000 – 4,500 gallons of water per person annually, and some water utilities offer rebates if you install one (check with yours).
Bathroom Renovation Pros believe so strongly in the quality of Kohler’s toilets. Their toilets have been essential in shaping the style and functionality of the modern bathroom over the last century. Today the advanced features and proven durability of these products are redefining personal comfort and cleanliness.
Kohler Adair™ toilets
An excellent value, the Adair toilet features a striking organic design inspired by the windswept rock formations of Sedona, Arizona. A slim tank and pared-down oval forms make this compact, high-efficiency toilet perfect for smaller spaces. A 1.28-gallon flush provides significant water savings of up to 16,500 gallons per year, compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, without sacrificing performance.
Powerful, clean and efficient – without fail. That’s Adair toilets definition of performance. No more multiple flushes. Just flush. And done. Simple, like it should be. Because no matter the style or flushing technology, your high-efficiency toilet needs to deliver comfort and peace of mind – with unrivaled power, a clean bowl rinse and efficiency.
- One-piece toilets integrate the tank and bowl into a seamless, easy-to-clean design.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- 1.28 gallons per flush (gpf).
- 2-1/8-inch glazed trapway.
- Standard left-hand Polished Chrome trip lever included.
- Grip-Tight Cachet® Q3 functionality allows seat to close quietly and quickly unlatch from the toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning.
- Supply line not included.
- Single-flush gravity uses the force of gravity and a precision-engineered tank, bowl, and trapway to create a strong siphon during flushing.
- Canister flush valve optimizes flush performance and resists warping and deterioration.
- Class Five® flushing technology offers plug- and leak-free performance, extraordinary flushing, and better rinsing power for a cleaner bowl.
Water Conservation & Rebates
- WaterSense® toilets meet strict EPA flushing guidelines, including using at least 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon toilets.
- Eligible for consumer rebates in some municipalities.
KOHLER collections are an easy, stylish answer to bathroom remodeling. Their collections range from a full line of fixtures – coordinating toilets, sinks, and baths or shower receptors – to a matching toilet and sink for the powder room.